Vascular Surgery NP or PA
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare Website
No recruiters please
The nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) provides patient services to patients with vascular disease consistent with practice standards as well as consistent with services customary to the collaborating physician.
- Performs all functions and procedures of a hospital provider under general direction of collaborating physicians. Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by the collaborating physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients.
- Attends patient care rounds with the Vascular Surgery team
- Performs patient care to include evaluation and management services diagnostic testing and therapeutic procedures congruent with UTMP policies.
- Evaluates and triages individual patients and physician/patient calls. Initiates verbal and written orders. Triages phone calls for physicians.
- Provides patient teaching and facilitates communication between physician, client, and other hospital personnel.
- May assist vascular surgeons in the operating room and cardiac cath lab
- Serves as liaison between hospital staff, physicians and patients.
- Assists with office follow up visits and consults as needed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid TN current license as an advanced nurse practitioner or physician assistant Prefer a minimum of two years’ experience as an Acute Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Board Certification
- Prefer vascular surgery and / or general surgery experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Be the first to see new jobs near Memphis, TN!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks